LDFLA Website

Q: I've forgotten my LDFLA.com username and/or password.  What do I do?
A: You may reset your password here, using the email address you registered with.

Q: Why do certain page URLs reference z2 systems instead of ldfla.com?  Are these safe?
A: LDFLA.com is the Lake Dunmore Fern Lake Assocation's official website, where all lake information and news is stored. The LDFLA Member Portal, which allows members to pay annual dues, update contact information, set email preferences, etc. was built in NeonCRM (aka z2systems).  Both sites are safe and integrated with one another.

Q. Is payment with a credit card secure?
A. Yes, we use NeonCRM as our credit card processing partner.  NeonCRM is a Thawte Certified site.

Q. I don't have email, and limited access to the Internet. Will I stop receiving information if I don't sign up on ldfla.com?
A. No, you will not notice any change in our correspondence with you.

Q. How do I manage my membership (e.g., pay dues, add additional household members) online?
A. Click here for a tutorial on LDFLA.com Membership Management.


Q: What is milfoil?
A: Eurasian Watermilfoil is an invasive species which has been in Lake Dunmore since the late 1980's.  Please visit our Milfoil Project page for more information.

Q: How do I report milfoil on the lake or near my property?
A: You may report milfoil here.


Q: Who manages the insect (e.g., mosquito) control on the lakes?
A: The Brandon-Leicester-Salisbury-Goshen Insect Control District (BLSG).  Visit the Insect Control page for an overview, or BLGS's website for more information.

Q: Can I opt my property out of mosquito treatment?
A: Yes.  Please send a written request annually to BLSG, PO Box 188 Brandon, VT 05733.  Please provide your 911 address and a property  map ,which delineates your property boundaries on the public right of way. A representative from the board will contact you to assist in marking your property as a no spray zone.


Q: What kinds of fish are found in Lake Dunmore and Fern Lake?
A: Black Crappie, Brown Bullhead, Lake Trout, Largemouth Bass, Landlocked Atlantic Salmon, Northern Pike, Panfish, Rainbow Smelt, Rainbow Trout, Smallmouth Bass, And Yellow Perch

Q: Where can I purchase a fishing license?
A: Fishing license available at Lake Dunmore Kampersville, the Salisbury Town Clerk’s Office, and online


Q: Is there public boat launch access on Lake Dunmore?
A: Public launches are located next to Waterhouse's on West Shore Rd.

Q: Is there a speed limit on the lakes?
A: Lake Dunmore: 5 mph within 200 feet of shore, dock, swim area, person in water and other vessels or anchorage.  
This includes all lake area north of Keywaydin Point, which is a delicate milfoil infestation zone.
A: Fern Lake: 5 mph

Q: Do I need a boater's license?
A: You need education if you were born after Jan. 1, 1974, and will be operating a motorized vessel or PWC in Vermont.

Lake Dunmore is governed by Vermont Boating Laws & Regulations.  For more information, visit the Boating page under Lake Friendly Living.

Septic Care

Q: Is my septic system safe for the lake?
A: Please visit our Septic Care Page for information on septic care & maintenance.